Monthly Archives: February 2017
Chocolate Fondue, bred by DNA Genetics, is a sativa-dominant cross that balances the uplifting effects of Chocolope with the relaxing effects and unique flavors of Exodus Cheese. The effects of Chocolate Fondue relax the body and calm the mind into a blissful state of consciousness. Its complex bouquet and sweet flavors make this cannabis strain enjoyable day or night.
Text from: https://www.leafly.com/sativa/chocolate-fondue
Well done educational talk done by Jokubas Ziburkus ~ Lithuanian-American Neuroscientist.
* best part: drummer Arkady at the end presenting to us how seizures would sound played on the drums.
Critical Mass is a combination of Afghani and Skunk #1 that originated from the breeder Mr. Nice Seed Bank. With a large “critical mass” of production, branches tend to snap from the weight of these dense buds. Flowering time is approximately 6-8 weeks, with a heavy leaf to flower ratio. However, due to the large production of flowering, this strain is susceptible to mold which can be reduced by growing indoors to reduce humidity. THC levels of this strain may reach 19-22%.
Earthy, Sweet, Pungent
Text from: https://www.leafly.com/indica/critical-mass
Cannabidiol is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid and is the active ingredient in Dixie X medicinal hemp products from Dixie Elixirs & Edibles. The information here has been provided as a resource. Notes about citations and the research follow.
- Completely non-psychoactive. It is safe and non-toxic. Can never over-dose on CBD.
- It is the second most common cannabinoid in cannabis sativa and indica plants and the primary cannabinoid in hemp plants.
- Counters some of the negative effects of THC(ie. paranoia, intoxication, quick heartbeat (tachycardia) short term memory loss, lethargy/sedation, etc.)
- Combining THC and CBD have been found to increase clinical efficacy while reducing adverse effects, even with only trace amounts of THC added. (CBD works synergistically with THC, bolstering its medical effects while moderating its psychoactivity)
- Some medical benefits include: Has been found to relieve convulsions and other movement disorders. Is an anti-spasmodic and antiepileptic.
At high doses (more than a few hundred mg) CBD can be sedative and helps insomniacs stay asleep longer. In low doses, CBD has been found to be alerting.
- It is also effective in reducing inflammation (anti-inflammatory), anxiety (anxiolytic), nausea (anti-emetic)
- Is a powerful pain reliever (analgesic) It is effective in both peripheral neuropathic pain and central pain
- It has been shown to inhibit cancer cell growth (anticarcinogenic)
It is an immunomodulator and helps the immune system function more efficiently
- Is a neuroprotectant and a powerful antioxidant. It has applications in treatment for Alzheimer’s, Parkinsons, cerebral ischemia, and brain and nerve damage from stroke.
- It is an anti-psychotic and recent research has indicated it is effective in treatment of schizophrenia
- CBD could be effective in easing symptoms of a wide range of difficult-to-control conditions, including: rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, alcoholism, PTSD, epilepsy, MS, antibiotic-resistant infections and neurological disorders, to name a few.
- Has been found to be effective in treating gastrointestinal disorders like IBD and Crohn’s Disease
Epilepsy affects approximately 50 million people worldwide, causing frequent and unpredictable seizures that cannot be cured. While long-term drug therapy can help most patients control their seizures, about 30% of cases are resistant to standard treatments.
Interestingly, cannabis has been recognized as an epilepsy treatment ever since its introduction to Western medicine. Likewise, modern day studies suggest a role of the endocannabinoid system in seizure activity and seem to support the use of cannabis as an alternative to traditional drugs.
Text from: http://epilepsyu.com/cbd-epilepsy/
This pure sativa originates from the South African port city of Durban. It has gained notoriety worldwide for its sweet smell and energetic, uplifting effects. Durban Poison is the perfect strain to help you stay productive through a busy day, when exploring the outdoors, or to lend a spark of creativity.
Growers and concentrate enthusiasts will both enjoy the over-sized resin glands which make this strain a quality choice for concentrate extraction. The buds are round and chunky, and leave a thick coating of trichomes on almost all areas of the plant.
Uplifting, Energetic, Happy, Euphoric, Focused
Text from: www.leafly.com